One Tree Left {Cross-stitching}

Friday 14 September 2012

I took ONE project on holiday - the Olympics cross-stitch project. I have made ... progress (sort of), way too many beautiful things to see (I will try to post some pictures on the MiH facebook page over the weekend). But I have finished one more tree - which means only one more to go! Did you notice that this one had a little nest, the two little birdies are so cute together!





It is all taking shape, and I am still committed to finish this project soon - which is amazing considering the number of cross-stitch projects I have abandoned in the past. The next tree is actually the smallest of the 3 - so hopefully it should be quicker. Then we enter the bottom phase with squirrels and plants... 


I would like to thank everyone for their support regarding the midwife comment yesterday. Was really touched! I am fine, the baby is fine - he is just not responding to authority - and nor is his Mum - we are going to have a blast together!

Linking to HANDMADE PARADE today! Check out the other projects... 

13 comments:

  1. beautiful trees! I was so distracted by the pictures of cake yesterday that I didn't see the midwife comment. Glad to hear everything is ok with you and the baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty - can't wait to see the squirrels! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That nest of birds is so sweet. Can't wait to see the squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little birds look so nice! Nat, maybe I missed something because I'm kind of MIA from the web these days...I hope that you and the baby are doing fine, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is lovely! I've never tried cross stitch... are the basics easy to learn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up to The Handmade Parade! Your cross-stitch trees are lovely! Your blog is really lovely, I've added you to my daily reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These trees are looking great - hope to see it finished soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just catching up with your posts this week.
    Your cross stitch picture is lovely, your apple cake looks yummy and your midwife is just plain silly (for freaking you out)!
    Hope you and the baby are fine, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great cross stitching! It's so nice to see things like that coming together.
    Glad to hear you and the baby are both doing well =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. These trees are wonderful! I look forward to seeing more of this picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so pretty! Glad you are both ok x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great trees. Look forward to seeing the finished piece

    ReplyDelete
  13. This cross-stitch project is so beautiful. Love those little birdies in the nest.

    ReplyDelete