Time management {Quilting}

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Quilting has been on hold since Baby MiH. It is easier to knit or crochet. However this morning, I had a two-hour slot to get my fabric ready, do the cutting, and start on the latest pattern I drew one evening some time ago. It was not meant to be a quilting project, but then it became obvious it should be!

Section of the pattern

I am still on a de-stashing mission - and I did not have all the colours of the original pattern. I decided to switch to a new colour scheme following the Marimekko Lumimarja fabric I bought ages ago. I had all the right colours! 


It is all cut ready to be sewn together during the next sleeping slot!



I cannot wait to see it finished. I really love this colour scheme, feels like winter in fabric!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, click here to see the other WIPs!

18 comments:

  1. I look forward to your posts about the newest quilt project. It'll be beautiful again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM....that quilt is looking good! I saw your frog hat the other day...ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sneak peek of the design. Looks just my sort of thing, HSTs and all that. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your design. It will be fun to see how it looks in your new color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're crafting busily during nap time. I hope that I can follow your example some day. The quilt design looks very pretty and I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous in the colors you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The design looks fantastic - I bet it looks great as a quilt. Well done on having any sort of time management with a 1 month old!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The design looks fantastic and your fabrics are so pretty. I think this is going to be an amzing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your design and can't wait to see some progress, let's hope little MIH baby complies and has lots of big sleeps for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the colour scheme you have chosen! Good luck finding some sewing time soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those colours, look forward to seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too, gave up quilting for knitting once my girls got more mobile. Still have a lot of tops that need put together. And lots of fabric I couldn't part with. But did give loads away. Will have to revisit those tops someday. Good luck with time to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful palette Nat! Look forward to seeing it progress :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the design and the colors. I cannot wait to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that fabric and the colors you pulled to put with it. This will be nice. How is that gorgeous baby boy doing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am sure this will be amazing when done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When your little one is that small there are lots of small slots of time I remember...looks like you have a plan and can't wait to see more. The sneaky peek looks very lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For you to be able to concentrate and have the energy for such tasks with a newborn about is amazing!

    ReplyDelete