Currently on my needles {Knitting}

Wednesday 7 August 2013

There are a lot of projects (knitting and otherwise) going on at the moment. Some are so so close to be finished (hopefully this Friday?), and others are just getting clearer and clearer in my head and ready to be put onto paper. August is going to be a busy month! 

Today I am going to reassure Chrissy at Stitched Together that I have started her shawl! I had the yarn custom dyed by Steph, and she got the perfect colour (here is the inspiration). This is knitting quite fast, so I should be on schedule - phew!


More on this when finished.. 

The effortless cardigan is growing. Not a lot of details to give you here, it is a lot of (only?) stockinette. I don't think I will modify the pattern radically. I have taken on board the comments on Ravelry and made the side panels smaller (17 stitches instead of 27 stitches), and changed the point of shaping so that (hopefully) it works better on my body. I may modify the edging, I think, we will see when I get there - although that should be the exciting part of this knit. 


Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Blue Glasynys (slightly worried 
that it is discontinued, hopefully I bought enough skeins)
Needles: 5 mm circular 

I am still reading About a  Girl by Lindsey Kelk. To be honest it is an ok read but I would have finished it if it was as good as the reviews made it out to be. I will finish it because it is enjoyable, but not the best chick lit out there. 

Joining others at Tami and Ginny's today.  

13 comments:

  1. That purple in the first picture really pops out to me! I think it will be a beautiful shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both colours... but that blue is divine! I can't wait to see how things come along.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely colour for your shawl. It's amazing to me that indy dyers can predict the colours that are going to result :) When I tried my hand at a dye class, every yarn I produced was a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is going to be beautiful. How special is it that the yarn and the knitting are custom just for Chrissy? Pretty darn special, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shawl color is gorgeous! Love it's plummy purple! I have a mind to make that sweater, yours will be lovely when it's done, because it's quite lovely now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's fast-going! Looks like the shawl will be fab, love the cardigan too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour you are using for the shawl, can't wait to find out which pattern you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That burgundy is wonderful. Great blue for the cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colours are beautiful, can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love watching your knit work. It's always so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're making great progress on the cardi, and the shawl is going to be SO beautiful. Love the custom colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never doubted that you would get it done by the deadline! I do love that yarn, I didn't realise it was a custom dye. I feel honoured that you would use it for my pattern!

    ReplyDelete