A Heroes Iphone cross stitched case
Even though I set le Challenge themes, I never have an actual project in mind. To be honest I thought I was going to end up with a super hero make - so it is surprising me now that I ended up with a cross stitched Iphone case with an army theme. But when I saw the tutorial on Miniature Rhino I knew I had to make one (even though I don't own an Iphone), I was even more determined when Mr MiH said it looked cool!!
Here is what I used:
- Pattern: free with Miniature Rhino's tutorial (my case is smaller than hers so I had to adjust the pattern slightly but no major changes)
- Beadle Point Stitchable Phone Case - found here
- DMC embroidery thread (535 grey, 347 red, 3051 green) - I cross-stitched with with 3 strands
What I learnt from making the Iphone case:
- It takes much longer than a normal cross-stitch project because of it is on a plastic case that does not bend easily, and there are awkward spaces to stitch (just in case you make one as a present)
- It also means that the thread does wear off quite quickly so you need shorter lengths
- I am so happy I did not actually cross-stitch but used the tent stitch (as suggested by the pattern) - I don't think I would have had the patience.
- How clever to be able to customise your phone case! I have a blackberry and you cannot do it, it is a real shame!
Guess who is now desperate to have an Iphone (I am using Mr MiH's here)! I have plenty of ideas for Christmas covers or more summery ones, so expect a lot of pinning.
Find the other Le Challenge interpretations of the theme here!