Pompom Beanie no 2 {Knitting}

Friday 24 January 2014

I had a plan, a good plan. I would use one of my favourite beanie hat patterns and make it for one of my friends. I got a yarn that seemed like the Cascade Eco-Cloud in a burgundy colour and I was off. Except that what seemed to be, was not. And the colour was lovely, the yarn was in fact like 'a thick or thin', and I thought it was going to snap throughout the whole knit - not the best knitting experience. 


Pattern: Mock Rib Watch Cap (free pattern on Ravelry).
I made this version in Cascade Eco-Cloud
Yarn: Schachenmayr Aventica Supreme in colour 00035
Needles: Circular and DPNs 5.5mm
Modification: Added a pompom as the first time (tutorial here), and made it bigger as my friend as frizzy hair.
Result: It is amazing how much the yarn changes the look of a beanie. It is not making the most of the wide brim pattern but it does add interest to the body, 
so not as bad as I thought, just different.
 
I made a fancy pompom using some nearly-neon yarn I have in my stash. I was clearly bold - as it was not for me...


In the end I think it works, but I really did not like knitting this yarn. I do love the colour though, and this is still my favourite pattern. So easy to knit, and such a great fit!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry it was tough to knit with, but it did turn out great. I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Agreed - the colour is fantastic. I am feeling the neon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and the colour is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete