Serial Pompom Maker | Maker versus Cardboard {Review}

Sunday 19 October 2014


I love pompoms, but I must admit I dislike making them. It is quite time-consuming and I am always worried about the thickness of them - as in them not being thick enough. I love really chunky ones (which eat yarn).  This was until I (finally) bought some pompom maker.

I have known about those for a bit of time, but never bought one. I was really worried that the pompom would not be thick enough and that it would not actually make me save any time. Wrong, wrong, wrong! I was so wrong... 


Those makers (I have 4 because you have to buy them by two and the two sizes I wanted came into different packs, of course!) are my pompom saviour - the things that are going to make sure I will be able to make a pompom garland without giving up after 2 pompoms. 


I will probably never use the cardboard technique ever again, except for making oversized ones. But I will definitely use my pompom makers a lot. If you have not bought it, but are considering it - do it now! I was not paid to say this, I bought all 4 with my money.. 

8 comments:

  1. I remember making them the old way, way back when I was a Brownie and the delight when you pull the cardboard off to find a pompom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I have some patterns lined up that require pom-poms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pompoms! Yay for help making them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It loos like they make perfect poms ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make a Pom Pom garland too! Must get back to my Pom Pom making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a set - a different brand than yours but basically the same thing - and I'd never made another cardboard circle pom pom again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the pompom maker as well! We found the the instructions on the back were a bit vague so we did a whole video tutorial on how to use them if your followers are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUyVhNc8zI

    ReplyDelete
  8. On. I SO WANT now! I like how you're able to make fat, stuffed pom poms. I can't do that with cardboard and the black and white one I had made was at least 110 wraps! Oh, Santa baby...

    ReplyDelete