It is getting cold :: Knitting ::

Wednesday 25 November 2015


Happy Wednesday everyone! So I received a few complaints about the weather from a little someone whose hands are getting really cold. Some desperate knitting later, one mitten was done. Another one on its way. Hopefully tomorrow there will be no more complaints, and there will be toasty hands.

The original pattern is from this book (I used it for this jumper as well) - but it is not the right size, and I like knitting my mittens in the round (the pattern suggests that they are knitted flat), so basically it is only an inspiration for knitting these mittens.

I wanted a tweedy effect, but did not have any tweed yarn in my stash, so I decided to knit together strands from 2 different colours of Drops Alpaca (so, so soft) - destashing in the process. I really like the effect, and it sort of goes with his acorn beanie hat (I did say 'sort of').


Better get on with the second mitten, because I know that Baby MiH will be asking for his mittens tomorrow morning. Nothing like pressure from a nearly 3 yo to keep you going!

11 comments:

  1. Those two yarns blended together perfectly, definitley a tweedy effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would never know you held two yarns together, the effect is perfection! Great idea. I never think to hold two different yarns together, but you've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a really nice speckle with the yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! love the texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. turned out great......isn't it nice to be a loved knitter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look gorgeous, love the rustic tweedy look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to mix your yarns. Should be toasty for sure ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. These mittens look really toasty . Good idea to mix the yarns , gives a tweed look without the itchiness

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look really fantastic! They are delicate and shapely. For the tiny hand. My wife also knits mittens for our son. He's already 12, but he still likes to wear her mittens. I think you'd become great friends with my Jullie. Though she doesn't like Internet much and stays away from social contacts. I keep telling her that it's now very useful and helpful, but she stands her ground.
    Oscar from http://www.essaykings.me/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little mitten is perfect. The two strands give a lovely effect :)

    ReplyDelete