This week has been full of ups and downs here. I have been travelling quite a bit for work and also at weekends and it is clearly taking a toll - and I am getting emotional. Leo has been gone for 6 months this week, and these milestones remind me too painfully of how much I miss my baby.
To make me feel better (and distract myself) I signed up for the Makelight beginner photography course. We had to make a visualisation board for our style/branding - mine is here. And it has been enlightening, now it is about to learn the skills to make it happen. I also started a new crochet project - I'd forgotten how much I loved crochet. Why did I stop?
In other news this week...
I will soon be sewing...
- A free summer pattern from Liesl + Co - a linen caftan. So easy to make (it is written that it takes an hour!) and so easy to wear.
- Lu's first pattern is released and it so clever - a really cool needle case (to get my sewing mojo back).
- I love Rae's luna pants inspiration board - looks so comfy! The pattern is available here.
- I really like the new Stockholm blouse by Atelier Scammit (free pattern)- especially this version.
- Kate had a great post about being a pattern and fabric hoarder - I am a pattern hoarder, but not a fabric or yarn (maybe patterns take less space?). I need to work on it, the Kondo method has not yet been applied here...
- I love this simple tutorial on making half square triangles for quilting. I love the effect of HST, and I am hoping to show some off soon.
- I love this styling of 'winter culottes'.
I might however go off track with other crafty projects..
- Sashiko 101 - this is it, I will try Sashiko and stop drooling over pictures of it.
- I have been wanting to try weaving for a bit of time, and this free pattern from Purl Soho might my latest weaving crush.
- A gluten free spring roll recipe - actually forget about the spring rolls and go straight to the spicy peanut sauce.
- When you have hardly any time to cook (like every night at the moment) but fancy something different - this 15 minute Pad Thai recipe could be for you (and definitely for me).
- Glowing spiced lentil soup - I cannot wait to try this recipe.
And I will definitely look after myself...
- In Ellen's words - Less hate and more love.
- The sleep revolution is coming - according to Arianna Huffington. I love this quote: 'We take better care of our smartphones than we do ourselves.'
- with some brilliant things to do in April.
- The newly opened Generator hotel in Amsterdam - for the next time we go to the Netherlands.
- I have just come across the 'creating your own path' podcast - yep, a bit late, loads to catch up. You might like it too.
- Knitted covers for paddles - so useless and looking so cool that it makes me happy!